Every 2nd and 4th Saturday is SCIturday at the Challenger Learning Center! Join us on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month as we offer the second installment of the science series: SCIturdays. Cost to attend is $6 per person per program.
Dates and Themes (Recommended for Ages 10 & Under and optional accompanying adult)
|Saturday, January 14
||Minecraft Zoo FULL
||Learn about habitats and the critters that live in it, and then join together in a Minecraft server to assemble the greatest of all zoos.
|Saturday, February 11
||Coding Decoders FULL
||Dabble into binary coding with Oreos and handmade bracelets. Get an introduction to program with Scratch Jr. and LEGO coding!
|Saturday, March 11
||Unleash your growing imagination! Engineer bridges, buildings, and more using a wide array of materials. Get a discount to our new IMAX movie DREAM BIG with entry.
|Saturday, April 8
||It’s springtime for science! Learn about the changes to come with Spring by making your own weather vanes, barometers, and more.
|Saturday, May 13
||WeDo LEGO Transporters
||Use the latest LEGO WeDo 2.0 kits to build cars, trucks, other vehicles and program them to move on their own.
Dates and Themes (Recommended for Ages 9 to 99)
|Saturday, January 28
||Minecraft Survival Games: A Multiplayer Competition
||See if you got what it takes on this multiplayer competition to outlast your opponents using various survival techniques. Compete in a virtual Hunger Games style arena working in teams to see who can survive the longest.
|Saturday, February 25
||Online Creators: Make Your Own Website
||Whether a novice or experienced coder, this has something for you. Create your own little corner of the internet using HTML and CSS. Make it stand out with pictures and changing colors.
|Saturday, March 25
||Spark Industries: Electronic Assembly Challenge
||Channel your inner Tony Stark and become an electrical engineer. Work with real circuits and electronics to complete challenges. Get a discount to our new IMAX movie DREAM BIG with entry.
|Saturday, April 22
||Weather Studio: A Live TV Experience
||Learn what it takes to make your own weather forecast! Use our Green Screen and microphones to record your own TV and radio weathercast!
|Saturday, May 27
||Humanoids and Droids: The Hands-On Rob otics Experience
||Program a humanoid, tank, or six-legged robot to complete various challenges and tasks including your objects talking, and dancing!
- Complete Application Form. There are two easy ways to do so: You may download the PDF and mail, email, fax, or drop off a copy to our administrative suite at 200 S. Duval St. You may choose to complete the online registration form located below. All application information may be submitted securely through this option, however, due to the fact that we do not accept online payment, payment must still be submitted using the process listed in step 2. Programs are limited in size; therefore, registration applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Registration is complete and confirmed on receipt of payment.
- Submit payment. We accept cash, check, Visa, and Mastercard. You may come by our administrative suite to drop off a check or cash, mail a check, or call our Group Sales Coordinator with your credit card information. Please do not email or fax credit card numbers to the Challenger Learning Center.
- Receive an email from our Group Sales Coordinator confirming your registration.
- Have a blast at Science SCIturdays!
- Registration forms (PDF OR online version) must be completed and submitted with payment to secure your space. Registration is complete and confirmed on receipt of full payment. Programs are limited in size; therefore, completed registrations (application and payment) will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Administrative hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Administrative offices are located at 200 S. Duval St. on the 2nd floor.
Option 1: PDF Application Form
Option 2: Online Application Form
To return to the Challenger Learning Center home page, please click here.